little more info.
- The campground opens on May 17th, 2013 and closes
on October 14th, 2013. Next season will open on May 16th, 2014.
- It is about 25 kilometres (20 miles) between the entrance
of Île d’Orléans and our campground. The distance
is the same if you come by the north or the south shore.
- You will see only one service station once you have crossed
over the bridge and entered the village of St-Pierre. Check your
gage, as there are none afterwards.
- There is only one shop that sales propane on the island. If
ever you are short, the campground can help out.
- Access to our showers cost 1.00 $ (no quarters) and last 8
- You will profit from a large variety of restaurants close
to the campground -from fine dining to regional specialties-
including an inn and two small diners within a range of one kilometre.
We now offer you a convenience store right on the campground!
- The walking distance for the closest convenience store is
five minutes. It also offers a choice of sandwiches and has an
ice cream parlour.
- The St-François dock, neighbour to our campground,
includes an access to the river for your boat, kayak or canoe.
Please note that we do not rent any such equipment.
- A fishing permit is not required to fish from the dock. Your
patience may be rewarded … maybe.
- At low tide, an easy walk on the shore will take you right
to the tip of the island. The view is breathtaking! The campground
office will inform you on the tide schedules.
- You need more information on the other attractions on Orleans
island or on Quebec City ? Our people at the reception desk will
be happy to fill your needs. We make it our duty to have on hand
a large variety of pamphlets and free touring guides. You can
also have a look at the menus from the island’s restaurants
or check the daily weather forecasts. Our public hall offers
information on dozens of species of birds that «camp» with
us. You will also find complete details on the liners that are
scheduled to pass right under your nose this coming season. Having
some trouble? It will be our pleasure to refer you to the closest
garage, hardware store, drug store, medical centre, grocery store,